Shipping from the UAE to the USA made easy; with our convenient and efficient service, and regardless of the state you’re shipping to, shipping to the USA with us will always be a memorable experience. Just like any other country, the USA has specific certain laws and regulations when it comes to receiving international shipments; from customs, to banned items, let us walk you through the process briefly.
DUTIES AND TAXES WHEN SHIPPING TO USA FROM DUBAI AND UAE
Upon delivery of your shipment(s) to the USA, and for you to receive it, you will be required to provide your social security or tax ID number. An entry form will be submitted to Customs, by us, which identifies the receiver or sender of this shipment. After this, Customs will match the name of the sender or receiver with their records based on the social security or tax ID numbers provided, as well as the name and address upon entry.
All goods entering the USA will go through the US Customs and Border Protection. The amount of duties and customs each shipment will be subjected to will vary depending on the items, values, and origin.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO SHIP A PACKAGE FROM THE UAE TO USA
Our rates vary when shipping from UAE, or Dubai to USA depending on several factors
- The weight of the shipment
- Package delivery timeframe
- Where the package is being delivered
- If the shipment includes restricted items, in that case, the shipment will require further examination and documents for customs clearance
WHAT YOU CAN’T SHIP TO THE USA from UAE
The United Arab Emirates doesn’t allow certain items to be delivered, and therefore, won’t go through customs clearance. Check out some of the banned items below
- Game and hunting trophies
- Fireworks and firearms
- Illegal drugs (cocaine, heroin, etc.)
- Perishable items
- Dog and Cat fur
To read the full list, please visit the U.S Customs and Border Protection website. Please note that the USA customs laws may change spontaneously.
HOW TO PACKAGE YOUR SHIPMENT WHEN SHIPPING FROM UAE TO USA
Considering your shipment will, most probably, be handled multiple times in multiple destination until it reaches the USA, packaging is essential to ensure the safety of your items. All the on-loading and off-loading from vehicles and vibrations during transit might damage your package. To avoid damage when sending a shipment to the USA, please mind the following
- Use a strong and rigid box
- If the item(s) exceeds 10kg, use a double-lined box.
- If the item(s) exceeds 30kg, use a triple lined box.
- Bubble wrap each item separately and properly.
- Fill each box with internal cushioning to prevent the items from moving freely while inside the box.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WHEN SHIPPING TO USA
If you’re sending small packages to the USA, you will need a custom’s invoice to accompany your shipment. This invoice should identify the type and the value of the item(s) shipped, as well as the identity of the sender, and if possible, the receiver too.
This invoice should save you time and, most importantly, money by helping you avoid shipping delays and extra fees.
The Customer’s invoice should include
- A detailed description of the item(s) in the shipment. If, for example, the package includes a smartphone, provide the model name and specifications necessary. The more detailed you are, the less effort you’ll go through to send your shipment.
- Weight, quantity, and dimensions of the item(s)
- Value of the item(s). Note that items below USD 200 will be tax-free.
- The name and address of your receiver.
- The Sender’s name and details
Kindly note, for larger shipment, four more documents will be required. These four documents can only be issued by companies.
For more information on shipping from Dubai to USA, Abu Dhabi to USA, or the whole UAE to the USA, and if you have any inquiries or concerns, please contact us, we’ll be happy to assist.