Shipping from USA to UAE made easy; with our convenient and efficient service, receiving your parcel will be a breeze. Just like any other country, the UAE has a certain criterion when it comes to receiving international shipments; from customs, to banned items, let us give you a brief of how it all works.
DUTIES AND TAXES WHEN SHIPPING FROM USA TO UAE
If the declared value of the item(s) you are shipping is less than AED 1,000, you will be exempted from paying the duties and taxes. However, if the declared value of the item(s) is more than AED 1,000, you will be responsible for paying the duties and taxes applicable upon receiving your package.
Taxes and duties are not included in the initial invoice, as the package will be revised once it arrives in the UAE where the final amounts will be assessed.
Based on the shipment value, all items delivered to the UAE are subject to a 5% VAT.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO SHIP A PACKAGE FROM USA TO UAE
The shipping from USA to UAE cost, and to Dubai from USA cost, depends on several factors
- The weight of the shipment
- Package delivery timeframe
- Where the package is being delivered
- If the shipment includes restricted items, in that case, the shipment will require further examination and documents for customs clearance
WHAT YOU CAN’T SHIP TO THE UAE
Whether you’re shipping to Dubai from USA or to any other city, the United Arab Emirates doesn’t allow certain items to be delivered, and therefore, won’t go through customs clearance. Check out some of the banned items below
- E-Cigarettes, e-liquid, and all items related to electronic vaping
- Radar detectors and satellite receivers
- Gambling items
- Illegal drugs (cocaine, heroin, etc)
- Pornographic Materials
- Religious books
- Aircraft Parts and accessories
- Items made in Israel and Iran
To read the full list, please visit the Dubai Customs website. Please note that the UAE customs laws may change spontaneously.
ITEMS THAT CAN’T BE EXPORTED FROM THE USA
The United States of America has laws and regulations when it comes to some items leaving its borders. Take a look below on some of the banned items to be exported from the USA
- Guns (and gun replicas)
- Tear gas and pepper spray
- Prescription medication
- Non-FDA approved medical devices
- Perishable Items
- Lighters, gun powder, or matches
- Gas masks and filters
- Counterfeit products
- Animals or Insects (regardless of status)
- Animal skin, fur, or leather
- Damaged batteries
To read the full list, check out the U.S Customs and Border Protection website. Note that the banned items list is constantly updated and refreshed.
Each and every shipment, regardless of its value, must be accompanied by a shipment invoice. In this invoice, all items that will be delivered to the UAE must be listed in detail, along with its price value.
For more information on shipping from the USA to the UAE, and if you have any inquiries or concerns, please contact us, we’ll be happy to assist.